Anna, Hannah & Bailey
They are lookin focused !!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
My very first post...
Alright where to begin.. I have decided today that I would like to try blogging.. hopefully it will all go well. I figure I have plenty to say and it shouldn't be kept to myself anymore. if no one reads this I am good with that at least I'm getting out what I would like to say maybe I can clear some space in my head too focus on other stuff that's creeping in constantly. Well I have just recently moved to a new house and a new state..And the new house is in a pretty bad state of it's own. haha We seen the house and knew we must have it. Its 5 miles out from town. we have 2 acres in which my husband and I have decided is going too make us self sufficient so this is what I mainly will be posting because I've decided this is going to get interesting .. haha Neither of us know anything about this concept but have decided we must do it.. I have some background in such matters as I did grow up in a practical environment. My momma was a farm girl and my dad is about as practical as one can be.. He strongly believes in working hard, saving your money and everything is a luxury you don't need haha .. so I am pretty practical myself but really when it comes too all that we are about to embark on I haven't a clue but I am ready to give it a go.. Back to our house it looked as if it would need some work.. oh my gosh were we blinded with those rose tented glasses everyone talks so much of?? once we signed the papers the house was ours and there was no going back it was like what?? are you serious?? that wasn't there before?? that didn't need repaired 2 days ago? what what what ?? so day by day we have been rebuilding our little castle.. I am pretty sure thou we are sharing our house with some interesting creatures which I will post more about later.. We have been in the house now since April of this year, we have gotten a lot done but we have so much more to go. My daughter loves it out here, is it normal for a 9 year old girlie girl to handle any kind of bug with her bare hands? I have never seen such enthusiasm to search out and destroy with her bare hands any bug she thinks may attack her at some point.. She is my little star for sure.. She is sure that any worm however small or large it may be belongs on the end of her dads fishing pole.. Now I am from Montana and Wyoming and the one thing I am not use to seeing are slugs much less GODZILLA slugs and my daughter comes running in as if she had just won the lottery "look mom look what I found" and I kid you not she is holding a slug that must have been 8-9 inches long and as big around as her wrist.. in fact it looked as if my husband could have thrown it on the BBQ and fed us all !! and she was holding it I could have died right then and there, we have since had a talk and the slugs do not belong in mom's living room.. haha My Husband and I are enjoying our new adventure and it's clear my daughter is loving it here.. she says she is never moving out... what have we done? We have two dogs Bailey and Hannah and they absolutely love it out here, I have never seen a pair of nosier dogs I'm pretty sure their sniffers have been over every inch of the property and they keep us well entertained so I will share stories and pictures of them as well.. (Bailey is our Black Lab/Whippet and Hannah is our Yellow Lab).. I will keep adding to this blog and see how it goes, and as I figure it out I will add more things too my page and hopefully I will have some sort of entertainment on here.. I have enjoyed writing this and look forward too seeing if anyone checks me out.. I have loads more too say .... have a great day !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! You definitely have an adventure ahead of you! I am SO glad that I am not around slugs that big!! I think that it is great what you are doing! There is way to much "keeping up with the Jonses" going on these days! Good luck in your endeavors and I am excited to check in and see how you are doing!
ReplyDeleteThank you Misty, We ceartainly have an adventure awaiting, living out here life is never boring... haha... I appreciate you commenting I will keep posting and look forward too hearing from you again..:-)
ReplyDelete